Position: Technical Manager
Company: Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA) is a full autonomous utility responsible for the provision of safe water and collection and disposal of waste water in Moshi, the town of Mt. Kilimanjaro. MUWSA is looking for dynamic, results driven individual to fill in the position of Technical Manager:
Purpose of the Job
This is a managerial position in which the position holder is required to oversee all Water Production, Distribution and Disposal of Waste water Operations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- The Technical manager is the head of department responsible for water production, water distribution, waste water disposal, mechanical and electrical maintenance, planning and construction.
- The Technical Manager is responsible for ensuring the performance of all water supply and sewerage systems according to agreed performance and public health standards.
- Regularly review actual performance against approved plans and budgets and submits report to the Managing Director detailing performance with recommendations for actions necessary to correct adverse variances. Ensure that corrective measures are implemented.
- Ensure that there is proper and economic use of the Authority's plants, equipments, vehicles and workshops.
- Make recommendations to the Managing Director for the appointment of all senior technical staff.
- Liaise with other bodies to guard against undesirable discharges into raw water supplies with the Authority's catchments areas.
- Ensure prompt and efficient investigation of customer complaints concerning water quality and quantity.
- Develop procedures for water quality monitoring and ensure coordinated sampling of raw water and treated water supplies.
- Ensuring availability of a laboratory service for chemical and bacteriological analysis.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- Holder of Master Science Degree in Water Resources Engineering
- Working experience: Minimum of seven (7) years Working experience in related field and registered with Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania as Professional Engineer.
- Common Requirements for All Vacancies
Proven substantial computer knowledge and skills
Demonstrated good leadership qualities
Ability to work under pressure
High level of initiative, creativity and integrity
The applicant should between 30 and 50 years of age
Nature of Employment
Five years (5) renewable depending on the performance
This position attracts competitive salary plus other fringe benefits
How To Apply:
Handwritten application along with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts [emails and day time working telephone], applicants' recent passport size and copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts, and names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees, to reach the undersigned by 26 August 2013. Applicants who will not be contacted should regard themselves as unsuccessful.
"MUWSA is an equal opportunity employer"
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
P.O Box 1001,
Deadline: August 26, 2013
Source: Mwananchi August 7, 2013