The Dodoma based St. John’s University of Tanzania invites
applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following
Records Management Officer/Registry Clerk (One Position)
Diploma holder in Records Management with a minimum of four years relevant working experience in similar position:
- Maintains file movement record cards
- Looks for files and collects them whenever required;
- Returns files to the cabinets and arranges them in proper order
- Keeps ready files marked B.U. for the Supervisor.
- Weeds out inactive files i.e. old closed volumes, files for people who have died, resigned, retired and those who have been dismissed or terminated;
- Checks files in the cabinets periodically and ensures order and neatness.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
- Checks the accuracy of the work done
- Allocates and supervises the work of all registry staff in the Section
- Recommends disciplinary action
- Previews the incoming mail and marks the mail to proper files so that the mail can be filed by the clerks and presented to action officers.
- Maintains a diary of bring up (B.U.) files and ensures that files so marked are sent to the scheduled officers on the dates shown without delay.
- Decides on proper subject title for new files and authorizes closure of the old volumes which should be taken to Archives.
- Provides on-the-job training to newly appointed office clerks.
- Ensures security and neatness.
- Reviews work progress.
- Conducts periodical examination of the housing and order of keeping files in the office.
- Reports to seniors about any deficiencies which may hinder the smooth operation of the office activities.
- Ensures that there is smooth and efficient functioning of the office activities.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
Mode of Application:
Complete application package that consists of application letter supported with detailed Curriculum Vitae, relevant copies of certificates i.e. Degree/Diploma certificates /testimonials, academic transcripts plus Secondary School Certificates and should be submitted to:
P.O Box 47,
Deadline: 24th of September.