The Directorate of Finance - Head office is hereby advertising the
following vacant position: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Location: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Ensuring that the NBC Finance complies with all applicable legal,
regulatory and operational risk requirements to minimize the risks which
could emanate from non-compliance of policies and procedures.
Principal custodian of effective and efficiently designed and implemented
controls and operational risk activities in the Finance space.
• Ensure NBC Finance comply with the banks policies and procedures
through regular testing. This is achieved by completing a desk based
risk assessment of the in-scope operations and using that information
to recommend a testing schedule to the Finance Management team
on a monthly basis.
• Based on the defined template (Internal Control Questionnaire) for
testing controls, ensure that all identified controls in relation to
Finance operations tested for effectiveness. Testing work papers and
reports and provide commentary to the Head of Finance on the test
• Follow up on overdue audit actions or poor risk assessment results,
visit the Finance Department and conduct the testing. Agree the
sample sizes and scope of the testing with the Head of Finance prior
to commencing testing work.
• Work with Finance Management Committee to develop corrective
action items for adverse or improvement findings and agree target
• Keep a register of all Issues being actioned by Management
(IBAM's) in Finance and follow up with Finance Management
Committee to ensure that actions and timelines will be met.
• Compile a risk assessment report showing test results, outstanding
actions and issues for the Head of Finance on quarterly basis and
present the content of the report to the Finance Management
• Ensure that substantiating documentation can be provided if any
member of the Financial Mancom questions the report content.
• Support Finance Management Committee to work towards closing
audit findings to ensure that issue assurance will be trouble-free.
• Review the actions that have been taken and personally conduct
testing of the controls and the assessments.
• Review the papers work before recommending that internal audit be
asked to conduct the issue assurance testing.
• Serve as the Finance risk representative on key in-country risk
committees (OpsCom, Risk Committee and Finance Management
• Educate line managers in Finance on the benefits of proactive risk
management as intended by the DRACA (Detailed Risk & Control
Assessment) process and support them to articulate their risks and
assess the effectiveness of their mitigating controls.
• Ensure that the concept of affordable risk management is promoted.
• Work with the members of the Finance Management Committee to
develop and update all the DRACA's (Detailed Risk & Control Assess
ment) that are relevant for Finance on a quarterly basis and capture
the information in the required format.
• Review the DRACA content and obtain clarification or correction from
the submitting manager for unclear or incorrect items.
• Obtain sign-off from the Head of Finance and submit the quarterly
DRACA's to the Absa Africa Desk before the deadlines as prescribed
• Monitor the progress made on the agreed action plans for remedia
tion on AML /KYC in all branches and ensure adherence to dead
lines. Escalate overdue items to the Manager Management Assur
ance and Head of Risk.
• Provide input into the content of circulars that address issues or
requirements for AML/KYC/Sanctions to ensure that the circulars can
be understood and implemented by branch staff.
• Communication Skills - Verbal
• Communication Skills - written
• Analytical skills
• Numerical skills
• PC Literate
• Interpersonal skills
• General understanding of legislation that impacts on Banks &
Financial Institutions in Tanzania
• Honest, confident and should have high integrity
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• A Commercial degree with Audit as a major.
• Auditing experience in a financial services company.
This is your chance to belong to a world-class bank. A bank that not only caters
for your position globally but that realizes your importance as an employee
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s, copies of certificates, 2 referees and their contacts to;
Human Resources Manager
National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
7th Floor, NBC House
P.O Box 1863
Dar es Salaam
Fax no: +255 22 2113749
If you are not contacted by NBC within thirty (30) days after the closing date,
you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please send all applications before 22nd July 2011
NBC OFFERS A COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE AND
BENEFITS, NBC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER