Working station : TCCIA Office in Babati, Tanzania
Starting date : 1st of October 2014
Duration : 2 years & renewable
TCCIA (Tanzanian Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture) is a membership organization of entrepreneurs. The branch for Manyara region was founded in 2004, but nation-wide the organisation has been in existence since 1988. Its core-business is to lobby and advocate on behalf of its members, to strengthen the capacity of its members through training as well as to link them to financial institutions and investors. TCCIA Manyara operates in all 5 districts of Manyara region.
Context of the Job:
This position combines two functions: Driver & Logistics officer. The candidate should be able to perform logistical duties, and also be a driver for TCCIA Manyara office.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Driving project car to the field
2. Fuelling of office car
3. Maintain and control of logbook (Properly filled in)
4. Responsible for vehicle road license and insurance
5. Timely maintenance and repair of office car under his capacity
6. Purchasing of tyres and spare parts
7. Ensure vehicles are clean and in good order
8. Collecting and sending documents
9. Payment of bills e.g. NSSF, TTCL, TRA, Postal, Tanesco, Water and Salaries.
10. Minor maintenance of office equipment
11. Perform any other duties as directed by your supervisor (Executive Officer)
1. Certificate of any recognized driving institute
2. Have a valid driving license
3. A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
1. Good driving records (no accidents)
2. Familiar with Manyara region
3. Knowledge and skills in (basic) car mechanics is an advantage
4. Must be flexible in terms of working hours and location (ready to travel regularly away from Babati)
5. Good communication, inter-personal skills and attitudes;
Closing date is Friday 15 August 2014.
How to apply:
Application letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 3 pages) should be sent by e-mail to Chairman Mr. Karunde at: email@example.com with the following subject line “Application Driver / logistics officer”. Or deliver letter and CV in person to the TCCIA Manyara office.
NB: At this stage you do not need to send copies of diploma’s or certificate
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted