Food Technologist grade II- 1 Post.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Source and transfer of appropriate food processing technologies to existing and for potential SMEs.
· Develop or update training materials on post-harvest food technologies, preservation and Storage.
· Assist in the design and development of packaging materials.
· Carry out advisory, counseling and consultancy work for sector clients, i.e. Entrepreneurs, trainers etc.
· Undertake research in food processing sector.
· Represent organization on relevant sectoral activities.
· Develop/adapt new food technologies for dissemination to SMEs and other clients.
· Liaise and maintain link with sector relevant organizations, for example food regulators TBS& TFDA, and relevant high learning Institutions.
· Develop proposals for soliciting funds for sector projects/activities.
· Undertake capacity building of entrepreneurs in food processing/preservation and storage.
· Prepare requisite reports for work done, e.g. progress, quarterly, annual reports for Monitoring and evaluation
· Perform any other activities as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
· Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Food science and technology.
· Awareness of issues concerning Micro and Small enterprises sector.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Business experience in micro and small business development activities is an added advantage.
· Training or teaching experience and knowledge of and experience in moderation and facilitation techniques are added advantages.
· Applicants should be between 25 - 40 years old.
· Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary Scale SDGSS 1, or higher depending on qualifications and experience.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 30th April, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
DAR ES SALAAM.