SENIOR TECHNICIAN GRADE II – 1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Read blue prints, schematics, diagrams and technical orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly.
· Assist in troubleshooting of machines, implements and equipments.
· Operate equipment and machinery requiring higher skills.
· Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records.
· Supervise, guide and train other technicians.
· Support Research Technologist in the execution of their duties.
· Arrange regular servicing of machinery and equipment and timely repair of defective ones.
· Supervise the installation and use, repair and maintenance of workshop machinery, field testing and laboratory equipment's.
· Assist in performing quality control procedures and functional checks of workshop, field testing and laboratory equipment in order to establish daily status of operation of equipments.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
· Working experience of five (5) years from a firm doing activities similar to those done by the Centre.
· Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary Scale PGSS 8.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 30th April, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
DAR ES SALAAM.